09 450 radiator

7 replies to this topic
  • cjxrider125

Posted July 09, 2010 - 12:21 PM

bent my left radiator pretty good yesterday, its twisted like a strand of DNA. i want to get another OEM one but im only finding aftermarket on ebay. any problems with aftermarket? any good or bad brands to lookout for?

• crf450319

Posted July 09, 2010 - 12:32 PM

I put one of those Chinese rads on my CRF right before I sold it, it actually looked pretty impressive - bigger capacity & nice looking welds. I think I paid $85 shipping incl. ? For the price, I think they're hard to beat.

• Dirtjunkie85

Posted July 09, 2010 - 12:52 PM

I would buy aftermarket, as stated above they have a bigger capacity which is nice. Tusk sales radiators and they are $134 each side, I'm sure that's a lot cheaper than oem. http://www.rockymoun...roductDetail.do

• Steel Panther

Posted July 09, 2010 - 01:10 PM

fluidyne radiators are awsome, more durable, more capacity, and look better You will find them on a lot of factory bikes.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 09, 2010 - 01:25 PM

Before you decide it's not repairable, take a look:

• Wiz636

Posted July 10, 2010 - 06:50 AM

Check with your local radiator shops about having it repaired first. There is a guy up here that has repaired several of my radiators and usually charges me $40 or less.

• gabrams

Posted September 03, 2010 - 08:54 AM

I actually bent both my radiators and had them reflowed. Unfortunately they started leaking again after a while. I then bought a pair of radiators from ETD Motors on Ebay for $99 for both. I believe they were CX Racing Radiators (may not be the exact name). They were oversized and a little snug to the tank but worked great. They were half the price of all the other radiators that I was looking at and, from appearance and weight, a lot more sturdy than the stock ones. I never managed to bend those ones and they never leaked.

• tech24

Posted September 03, 2010 - 12:21 PM

I also got those cheap chineese rads for my '04. They don't fit quite the same since they are larger but appear to be nice quality. Never finished the bike so can't say how they perform but heat transfer is not rocket science so .....

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.