*** Utah riders - Stansbury trail Saturday ***

46 replies to this topic
  • live_to_ride

Posted June 18, 2003 - 06:22 PM

Hey Danny! I'm up for sunday if you are! :)

• pedman

Posted June 20, 2003 - 02:52 PM

:cry:Eric,

Sorry I am still in Montana, so I am going to miss tomorrow.

We will have to try next time...

• PWalk100

Posted June 20, 2003 - 07:29 PM

I'm coming....see you guys at 8:30

• mrmoto

Posted June 23, 2003 - 05:29 AM

Another successful ride. I was a little worried about the rain but it turned out perfect. Just enough mud to make it really fun. 4 Thumpertalk members made it. I'll be scheduling another ride in 2-3 weeks to do it again. Next time I'll get some pictures to share with everyone.
- Eric

• live_to_ride

Posted June 23, 2003 - 07:21 AM

While that is the most dangerous (IMO) trail I've ridden in Utah, it was still really fun and quite green and purdy. I think I'd go back. :)

• tigerowner_ut

Posted June 24, 2003 - 09:35 AM

Another successful ride.

I guess that comment depends on how you look at it.

Radiator Repair - $60 (www.motorcycleradiators.com Awesome work)
New bars - $65 (only 2 rides :))
Grips - $10
Numerous exhaust dents (not that bad)

These WR450s sure are fragile!

• mrmoto

Posted June 24, 2003 - 10:28 AM

I guess that last spill did bend your bars :). How's your arm? Was the scrape as bad as it looked?

Are you going to be able to ride Flaming Gorge? If not maybe we can try something local.

- Eric

• r1superstar

Posted June 24, 2003 - 02:23 PM

Sunday Ride in need! How about up in the Mirror Lake area? I was just up there for a sportbike ride this past Sunday. It is some Beautiful country up there!

• PWalk100

Posted June 24, 2003 - 06:39 PM

Dave,

Did you take another spill after I left? It sounds like you went down pretty hard. I hope you're doing ok. I had a great time and I'm planning on going back this weekend for a quick ride with another friend of mine. Let me know if anyone wants to go. It will be early morning sat or sun. Let me know!

• live_to_ride

Posted June 24, 2003 - 07:06 PM

Hey Danny- I'll be looking for a ride on the fifth and sixth of july. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrmoto

Posted June 25, 2003 - 04:30 AM

Hey Phil - I'm a possible if you're riding Stansbury early Saturday morning. Let me know.
- Eric

• pedman

Posted June 25, 2003 - 06:01 AM

Eric,

No helicopters on your ride? C'mon, what up with that? :)

• KRobWR250

Posted June 25, 2003 - 10:26 AM

The Stansbury trail sounds fun. Wish I could make it. I've been gone for awhile so I haven't been keeping up with the goings on here at TT. How's everybody doing?

We're in the process of marking our course for our race in July. It's on the 19-20 if anyone's interested in a fun (dusty) desert race. (Timed start this year, BLM won't let us do a mass start). One big 40 mile loop. Two times for amateurs and experts, one for beginners.

www.MRANracing.com

• PWalk100

Posted June 25, 2003 - 06:26 PM

Eric and Kent,

We're going to ride pretty early on Sat. We're earlybirds and need to be home by noon. We'll probably be at the parking lot (where we parked last week) about 7:45. Come on out if you want to ride early. Call me on my cell if you want.

801 580 5704

Kent, come on, it's only like a 4 hour drive from your place! We'll ride soon.

• KRobWR250

Posted June 25, 2003 - 07:41 PM

Hey Phil,
You guys have fun. I'll be riding by 6:00am Saturday and home by noon as well. But marking course does not sound as fun as Stansbury. Wish I could be there.

• tigerowner_ut

Posted June 26, 2003 - 08:18 AM

Ok To answer all your questions here is the series of events that happened.

First crash was on the trail and caused by a wet rock. THis added some dents to my exhaust. No big deal.

Second crash I slid off the trail into a big rock pile. THis bent my radiator and opened a small leak in the top seam ($60)

Last crash of tha day was a mile from the truck on the dirt road. Went over a cattle gaurd and the rear slid out and hit the ground at around 40 mph. This resulted in me bending my shiny new handlebars and a bit of road rash.

To top everything off I ended up with a bad viral infection that really screwed me up on sunday night and in to this week.

So, I think I will rest this weekend so I can recoop, heal, and fix the bike. Not the best of weeks though. And WRs are pretty fragile. My tank (TT) would have survived the crashes much better. THanks for the wishes.

Phil I will ride with you anytime. You push that DRZ darn fast!

• pedman

Posted June 26, 2003 - 11:11 AM

Now I know why Eric wants me to go...the medical insurance :)

• PWalk100

Posted June 26, 2003 - 11:17 AM

Wow,

Going down on the road is scary stuff. I hope you're ok. It was good riding with you.

99 Tiger eh? I had a Black 96. It was a great bike. The 900 triple was smooooooth.

Eric,

I'm having to change the day to Sunday. My friend has to baby sit on sat. Sorry about the change. I'm guessing you won't be able to make it.

Anyone else want to come?

-Phil

• ogrebelle

Posted June 26, 2003 - 01:25 PM

Eric,
I'm a go for Saturday morning if you are still going. Let me know.
Doug

• r1superstar

Posted June 26, 2003 - 04:33 PM

Wow,

Going down on the road is scary stuff. I hope you're ok. It was good riding with you.

99 Tiger eh? I had a Black 96. It was a great bike. The 900 triple was smooooooth.

Eric,

I'm having to change the day to Sunday. My friend has to baby sit on sat. Sorry about the change. I'm guessing you won't be able to make it.

Anyone else want to come?

-Phil

Phil,

I'm in for Sunday. What time are you folks going? I have to instruct until 1200 but am planning to ride with John (Blackie) afterwards. Are there any spots for the wives to put around at Stansbury? LMK...............db

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.