*** Utah riders - Stansbury trail Saturday ***

46 replies to this topic
  • mrmoto

Posted June 12, 2003 - 08:05 AM

A few of us are planning to ride the Stansbury trail on Saturday at 10:00am. Some of the best singletrack in Northern Utah. Everyone's invited.

Here are the directions:

Make your way to Grantsville from I-80. Just barely out of Grantsville on Hwy 138 (northwest of town) there is a road called Max Canyon Road heading west. We'll meet at 10:00am right at the Max Canyon Road and Hwy 138 intersection. Here's a map to get you to Grantsville
http://www.dsidata.n...nsburytrail.gif

Post a message here so we know you're coming. I'll have my cell phone with me 801-836-5246.

- Eric

• live_to_ride

Posted June 12, 2003 - 11:47 AM

Hey eric... see my post on the other thread.

• mrmoto

Posted June 13, 2003 - 04:58 AM

Chris - Too bad you can't make it.

Anybody else intersted in riding Standsbury tomorrow????

Maybe next weekend we can try again. I've been thinking about riding the Bunkerhill MX track in Delta. I rode it 3 months ago and had a blast. We should give it a try early morning or late afternoon so it's not too hot.
- Eric

• live_to_ride

Posted June 13, 2003 - 03:39 PM

ARGG!! don't go to bunker hill without me!! I want to try that track so bad!!!! I may just have to go down there by myself. nuts....... :)

Chris

• mrmoto

Posted June 15, 2003 - 08:53 AM

The two Thumpertalk members who showed up for this ride had a great time. The rest of you missed some of the sweetest single track around... 50 miles of dirt, rocks, switchbacks, and 12 inch trails. I've got such a cheezy grin from it all, I'm going back either on the 21st or the 28th to ride it again. Anybody want to ride?

• live_to_ride

Posted June 15, 2003 - 10:10 AM

I'll go with you on the 21st, but I've got another ride scheduled for the 28th that will be 120 miles in one day. :) :D :D

• mrmoto

Posted June 16, 2003 - 10:51 AM

Hey Chris - 120 miles WOW! That's a long ride. Where are you going (not that I'd even think about tagging along -- too far for me).

O.K. then, Stansbury on the 21st! I'm going to repost this and see if we can't get more people along for the ride.

• pedman

Posted June 16, 2003 - 11:19 AM

Eric,

I have it on my calendar, but there is a catch. :) I leave for Boise in the morning then up to Montana Wednesday and hopefully back on Friday. I'll call you if anything changes.

• mrmoto

Posted June 16, 2003 - 11:21 AM

Bill - I'd be great if you can make it. If you haven't ridden Stansbury yet, you'll be impressed. Well worth the effort to get there.
- Eric

• ddialogue

Posted June 16, 2003 - 01:31 PM

I leave for Boise in the morning then up to Montana Wednesday and hopefully back on Friday...

Pedman,

BRING YOUR BIKE!! We're riding Idaho City Tuesday evening...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mrmoto

Posted June 17, 2003 - 12:18 PM

Chris, Bill, & David -
How does 8:30am sound on Saturday? I was hoping to get started early to avoid the heat.

• live_to_ride

Posted June 17, 2003 - 12:39 PM

Meet where at 8:30? How about at the flying J at the toole exit? :)

Chris

• pedman

Posted June 17, 2003 - 02:16 PM

:cry:Now you tell me :D

It would have been good to go ride, because I am upset with a particular truck driver that drop a rock through my windshield south of Glenns Ferry today :)

Dave i get up to Boise alot and it would be great to get together on a ride sometime. I'll let you know when my next visit is.

• pedman

Posted June 17, 2003 - 02:18 PM

Not looking good at this time. I tried to get my windshield replaced in Boise and there was not enough time. I am going to try to get it done in Missoula, but if not I'll have to get it done Saturday in SLC.

I'll keep you informed :) :D

• tigerowner_ut

Posted June 18, 2003 - 07:58 AM

8:30 at Max Canyon Road on the west side of Grantsvill at 8:30 sounds good to me.

• live_to_ride

Posted June 18, 2003 - 08:06 AM

Where the heck is that?

• mrmoto

Posted June 18, 2003 - 08:24 AM

David - glad you can come...

Chris - Once you get to Grantsville, just follow the main road HWY 138. The road will bend to the right and on the left side will be a dirt road with the Macks Canyon street sign. Easy to find. If you get lost, I'll have my cell phone 801-836-5246.

- Eric

• live_to_ride

Posted June 18, 2003 - 08:44 AM

Is that the first or second grantsville exit?

• tigerowner_ut

Posted June 18, 2003 - 09:02 AM

Exit at Tooele, Take a right at the Grantsville sign, Go through Grantsville, the road bends to the north, Max Canyon roadheads West just out of town.

• r1superstar

Posted June 18, 2003 - 05:22 PM

Okay peeps. It's time you start riding on Sundays! HeeHee :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.