Clarke Tank Q's

2 replies to this topic
  • ASternad

Posted July 08, 2010 - 10:59 AM

I know this has been beat to death, but most posts are a year old.

1. I've read the Clarke is wider at the knees than a IMS or Stock, how much?
2. can you run a underbar scotts stablizer with a Clarke?
3. Can you run the existing petcock or does it need to be replaced with a 06 version?
4. Anyone using the Clarke in tight woods / single track applicaitons? what's your experiance with it?
5. Who has a Clarke that wishes they went IMS?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rkwfxd1

Posted July 08, 2010 - 07:34 PM

I know this has been beat to death, but most posts are a year old.

1. I've read the Clarke is wider at the knees than a IMS or Stock, how much?
2. can you run a underbar scotts stablizer with a Clarke?
3. Can you run the existing petcock or does it need to be replaced with a 06 version?
4. Anyone using the Clarke in tight woods / single track applicaitons? what's your experiance with it?
5. Who has a Clarke that wishes they went IMS?

1> Really? I did not notice
2> I don't know. I don't run a stabilizer.
3> Yes but it is backwards and you have to use a longer hose. I replaced mine with an 06 version - much cleaner imo and worth the $25.
4> No but I prefer tight technical desert trails when I can find them. I don't even notice the tank.
5> Very happy with the Clarke. I would do it again.

Extra points
6> It works with radiator guards.
7> It works with stock shrouds.

• Eric@ScottsPerformance

Posted July 09, 2010 - 12:09 PM

Asternad-
The only Clarke tank that I know of that presents a problem with a damper is the RM250's and a new version CR500 tank they have made. Clarke has typically ordered damper mount kits from us when they design a tank so they can make sure fitment is not a problem.
Saying that, I know of no IMS tank that has a problem with a damper fitment.
Thanks-
Eric Vargo
Scotts Performance
818-248-6747

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.