lowering a wr450

5 replies to this topic
  • bultaco18

Posted July 08, 2010 - 06:07 AM

hey guys,

what is the best way to lower this bike a few inches ?

if replacing linkage compromises shock performance, i don't want to do that.

i know the flat track guys are lowering theirs.

if i have to get the shock & fork reworked, anyone have a good place that can do this or me ?

thx,
dave

• vvarasv

Posted July 08, 2010 - 03:37 PM

another alternative is to cut a little the foam of the seat...
check this link, they show an example http://www.embarrado...t=19160&start=0

good luck

• William1

Posted July 08, 2010 - 05:14 PM

Best way (other than seat foam or sub fram mods) is to shorten the forks and shocks internally. Yes, you loose some travel but being able to dab a foot prevents many falls. I have a pal that rides a stock height bike and it is too tall for him, he falls every ride at least once because of it. I never fall like him because I can reach the ground.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • panaman

Posted July 08, 2010 - 06:08 PM

Posted Image
It makes the body grow!

• ASternad

Posted July 09, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Dicks Racing provides shortening services, as do most suspension shops.

as well look at a Yamlink-
http://www.motorcycl...ing-link-th.jpg

• bultaco18

Posted July 09, 2010 - 08:38 PM

thx guys for the info.

i did check a suspension shop and they said they can set me up, along with some of the other mods you guys mentioned and i'll be good, thx.

dave

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.