04 Wr450F e-start problems

5 replies to this topic
  • vvarasv

Posted July 07, 2010 - 08:08 PM

I recently bought from a friend a 2004 yamaha wr450f (it was unused for many months), the problem is that the e-star is dead...when I press the button it sounds like "Trrrrrrt" (like when the battery is discharged) and does nothing, I check the battery and it was full of charge, also I open and clean the starting motor and replace the plug of the engine.
maybe the brushes are in bad condittions, what do you think??

another symptom: when I buy it sometimes it sounded "trrrrrt" and others started, but now it is completely dead.:banana:

any help or idea??:) I´m crazy for riding it :lol:
Sorry if my english is bad, I'm not american:lol:

• vvarasv

Posted July 07, 2010 - 08:16 PM

i forgget to said that also I check the fuses, they where OK:banghead:

• CanadianWR450

Posted July 08, 2010 - 01:25 AM

My 04 did the same thing.....
Eventually it just completely died.
It was the brushes, etc...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted July 08, 2010 - 07:24 AM

I bought mine used with a similar problem. Turns out that the commutator was wrecked and had to replace the motor.

• sech1

Posted July 10, 2010 - 06:04 AM

A friend of mine had trouble with his and took it to a local starter place and they fixed it for a fraction of a new one. They could at least test it and let you know.

• Col Psoas

Posted July 10, 2010 - 03:02 PM

Creo que su mejor opción es a hacer como el amigo de sech1 hizo.

tal vez usted no tendrá que gastar mucho dinero

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.