Were to buy fuel around Chicago

10 replies to this topic
  • KasperMX

Posted January 23, 2001 - 05:46 AM

I live in the Chicago Suburbs and cant seem to find any pump fuel that does not contain alcohol. Where are you guy bying fuel?
Am I forced to buy race gass?Please help.

Thanks Kevin

• Buck

Posted January 23, 2001 - 06:46 AM

I could be wrong but I think that all fuel sold in gas stations contains ethanol. I have been running premium pump gas with no problems.

• mike_dean

Posted January 23, 2001 - 02:00 PM

I am an auto mech. in Wi., the milwaukee and chicago areas have government mandated oxygenated fuel, which is not good for your bike for many reasons, your bike will run leaner thus hotter, can be worse on two strokes because of the oil mix. cars work alright but not perfect, do what ever you can to get fuel out of the area, 92 octane, no alcohol, not oxygenated.

• KasperMX

Posted January 24, 2001 - 05:22 AM

Mike,
This is what i know to be true also, but the question remaines. Where are you guys buying your fuel? Do I just wait to get out of town to buy fuel? Of this is the case, what happens when I go to the arenacsoss in Milwaukee next month. Is race fuel my only option?Do I even need to worry about this?

Thanks Kevin

• mike_dean

Posted January 24, 2001 - 01:49 PM

Thats a tough problem, but I think I would by race fuel, If you race away from chicago or milw. you could by pump gas there. Good luck.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MrMXer

Posted January 24, 2001 - 01:49 PM

Find some race gas in the 98 octane range. I run Torco racing fuels in mine and buy it by the 55 Gal drum. I know I can get by on Pump gas, but one thing for sure.. The fuel is always the same and therefore, the jetting is always consistant.

• Derwood

Posted January 25, 2001 - 08:46 AM

You need to get to the outlying areas to get non-oxygenated fuels. I used to buy my gas at small town on my way to Buffalo Range and it was fine. As long as you are in the "Populated" areas east of Aurora you get the crap gas!

------------------
Derwood,
trapped in IL.
I've escaped! I'm heading back to Cali and beautiful Jawbone and Glamis......
99YZ400

• Tim

Posted January 27, 2001 - 04:23 PM

Kevin,

I wouldn't worry about the alcohol in the gas. Your bike will run fine with "premium 92 or 93" that is avalible around here. If you want to do a test, you can buy "racing" gas at the clark station on the corner of rt 47 and 64 in Lily Lake. Don't sweat it, it will be just fine.

I can't wait until all the snow melts.... I am getting real anxious to get back on the big blue turd!!! Let when know when you are ready to ride!!!
Tim

• mike_dean

Posted January 27, 2001 - 05:08 PM

Kasper, go to www.eagle-racing.com, and read fuel for thought under tech info. mike

• MrMXer

Posted January 28, 2001 - 12:32 PM

Mike.. that is www.eagle-racing.com the comma at the end wouldn't let it load

• mike_dean

Posted January 28, 2001 - 02:43 PM

Sorry, i'm not very good on the keyboard yet. thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.