Aftermarket Throttle's

1 reply to this topic

Posted June 12, 2003 - 03:24 AM

I'm looking to get rid of the junk double pull throttle cables on both my YZ and WR. Either that or I want to find a lighter return spring so that the throttle pull is easier to maintain for longer periods of time out in the woods...3 hour races are a pain in the right hand if you know what I mean.

Whatcha think???

Bonzai :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZFan

Posted June 14, 2003 - 12:45 AM

I know one for the reasons for the 2 cables is to help overcome the pull the vaccum of the engine puts on the throttle plate. That is why the slide is on rollers. I had a Husaberg before my YZF and it had one cable and a none roller slide and the throttle pull was twice that of my YZF. So Im sure you can covert it but I dont know if it will help. I just put a Terry cable T2 setup on mine and that made a difference and it was cheaper then the stock one's. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.