yz450f 2011 release date

51 replies to this topic
  • nokickstandsallowed

Posted October 01, 2010 - 01:04 PM

I'm ready to move up to the 450F! I think the realm of reasoning behind the misconception that the 2011 would be cheaper is most riders are going on the fact that more than if not at least half of OTD purchases, are relatively coming down due in part to the economy.
The other realization that is overlooked is the fact that about 1/4 of the purchasers price is paying for the innovation (the guys we never read about and have names you couldn't pronounce unless you had two tongues!) I had read that these bikes have damn near reached their epitome as far as how the RPM's are delivered and used (almost no waste other than friction) unless they start making them run on plutonium!

• Toby259

Posted October 01, 2010 - 06:01 PM

Got my new baby today, Oct 1st. :smirk:

Posted Image

gonna make a great woods bike!!

• STROKEDIESEL

Posted October 01, 2010 - 08:17 PM

beautiful looking bike man!!!!! chain appears to be a lil tight though :smirk:

• Sycamore

Posted October 01, 2010 - 10:05 PM

Has there been any issues with the 2010 450?

• nokickstandsallowed

Posted October 03, 2010 - 06:36 AM

When you guys refer to OTD prices, how many of you are actually financing at those prices? Lets face it, I haven't seen anyone in about 17 years or heard of from my friends or threads on forums of anyone dropping outright cash on a bike the same day - just doesn't happen in our economic situation does it? When it is all said and done, with interest and taxes, the best my friends have walked away with on a three year plan still cost them an additional $2 to $3 G's. with taxes, title, tag, etc,etc.

• aedwards07

Posted October 03, 2010 - 07:25 AM

I pay cash for my bikes.If I dont have the cash then I dont need the bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nokickstandsallowed

Posted October 03, 2010 - 09:34 AM

I pay cash for my bikes.If I dont have the cash then I dont need the bike.

I hear you there, and it's actually cheaper that way. You would be surprised how many riders are tricked into believing that it is actually easier to buy the bike under a three year plan because that OTD price looks attractive.

• brentn

Posted October 03, 2010 - 01:10 PM

When you guys refer to OTD prices, how many of you are actually financing at those prices? Lets face it, I haven't seen anyone in about 17 years or heard of from my friends or threads on forums of anyone dropping outright cash on a bike the same day - just doesn't happen in our economic situation does it? When it is all said and done, with interest and taxes, the best my friends have walked away with on a three year plan still cost them an additional $2 to $3 G's. with taxes, title, tag, etc,etc.

When I bought my bike 3 years ago I had a wad of 100's and 50's for a total of 9000$ in my front pocket.
I'll never go on credit again, let alone even if I could :smirk:

• nokickstandsallowed

Posted October 03, 2010 - 03:00 PM

When I bought my bike 3 years ago I had a wad of 100's and 50's for a total of 9000$ in my front pocket.
I'll never go on credit again, let alone even if I could :smirk:

I was wondering if anyone still did this!
On mine, I paid half like that and instead of paying just $79 a month, I paid $350 a month and knocked it off early so they couldn't earn as much interest on it as they planned.

• delmas

Posted October 03, 2010 - 03:40 PM

beautiful looking bike man!!!!! chain appears to be a lil tight though :smirk:

it is tight

• brentn

Posted October 04, 2010 - 10:05 AM

I was wondering if anyone still did this!
On mine, I paid half like that and instead of paying just $79 a month, I paid $350 a month and knocked it off early so they couldn't earn as much interest on it as they planned.

Don't know why I said years, it was 3 weeks ago:bonk:

• YamaLink

Posted October 05, 2010 - 11:17 AM

Nice nice nice!!!

Got my new baby today, Oct 1st. :smirk:

Posted Image

gonna make a great woods bike!!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.