spark arrestor question

2 replies to this topic
  • Col Psoas

Posted July 06, 2010 - 11:11 PM

Ok so after a very intense ride saturday I managed to bust a hole in the case cover right by the oil fill hole and dump all my oil out on the trail:foul: and got to push the bike over the boulders and through the river for a few miles home:banghead:... anyways thats my problem not your guys' which brings me to my question:
As i'm sitting around thinking about how I'm not riding:cry: I decide to do the 'free mods' on my bike. I did the gray wire unplug and tape (no idea why people seem to think its difficult) and took the baffel out of the exhaust (intake snorkle/throttle stop were done before I bought it with 199 miles) and I have a question with the spark arrestor: How much power will I gain (not necessarily numbers but where will I feel it and how much will I feel) from just the baffel and how much if I take the stock spark arrestor out too? (looks like a cylinder)(2008 wr450)? Is it worth it to buy the gytr cone shape spark arrestor because it flows so much better than the cylinder style I have?
also how much extra noise have I just given myself (baffel out,) is there a difference if I take the spark arrestor out too? I don't mind a little bit louder but I Hate crazy loud bikes especially when I ride in the canyons.

Thanks in advance

ps these things will already do 60 in 3rd, with the gray wire now unplugged will it get a little more top end or will I just get there faster? :)
Thanks again, I ask because I cant exactly go start it up and see for myself right now and i'd love to know what happy supprises await me :banana:

Edited by Col Psoas, July 07, 2010 - 10:30 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Col Psoas

Posted July 07, 2010 - 01:45 PM

anyone?

• JDLowrance

Posted July 07, 2010 - 06:44 PM

I doubt many people are pulling the sparky out of their stock exhausts. Most just buy pipes and run quite core inserts along with a spark arrester.

You def. do not want to run without one. The fine would be almost as expensive as a new pipe (at least he in Cal).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.