WR450 good bike?

24 replies to this topic
  • Bushdog

Posted October 27, 2010 - 10:41 PM

champ the WR is the best enduro on the market (the XR is a pig, the L model is about 600kg and 13hp)
i'll tell you why the WR is the best compared to the rest
WR450 - engine rebuild 12000km, oil 1000km (engine and gear oil combined)
RMX450 - rebuild 5000km, oil change every ride
KTM exc 450 - rebuild 2000km
Honda CRF450X - valves made from papermache
Kawasaki KLX450 - endless starting problems (let it cool down for more than 2 seconds and it will take you till july to start it again)
Husaberg - just a yellow and blue KTM
DRZ400 - Pig, underpowered, no where near engine life people make it out to be (when people say the DRz is bullet proof, what they really mean is, i cant believe i had to rebuild after 5000km and now the cam chain is also rooted - should have bought a WR.

• NEKOOHC

Posted October 27, 2010 - 10:43 PM

:excuseme: ...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bushdog

Posted October 27, 2010 - 11:03 PM

:excuseme: ...

you like that one mate...

• RedHawk028

Posted October 28, 2010 - 01:09 PM

champ the WR is the best enduro on the market (the XR is a pig, the L model is about 600kg and 13hp)
i'll tell you why the WR is the best compared to the rest
WR450 - engine rebuild 12000km, oil 1000km (engine and gear oil combined)
RMX450 - rebuild 5000km, oil change every ride
KTM exc 450 - rebuild 2000km
Honda CRF450X - valves made from papermache
Kawasaki KLX450 - endless starting problems (let it cool down for more than 2 seconds and it will take you till july to start it again)
Husaberg - just a yellow and blue KTM
DRZ400 - Pig, underpowered, no where near engine life people make it out to be (when people say the DRz is bullet proof, what they really mean is, i cant believe i had to rebuild after 5000km and now the cam chain is also rooted - should have bought a WR.

Damn Good Point! Yea I rode the 250 and 450 suprizingly the 250 is a bad mofo. I liked them alot, my other half can handle it but he is not all that experienced the wr250 will give him alot of room for improvement and is well built to recieve a good beating. Basically he will keep it for ever because it is perfect for what he will use it for. I want to keep them from '08 and up models when I go to purchase them soon.
What kind of exhaust system do you perfer? I like FMF...

• Bushdog

Posted October 28, 2010 - 06:13 PM

just keep it stock as remove the silencers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.