'01 YZ Alum sub-frame on '99 WR - any problems?

3 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 11, 2003 - 06:58 PM

Title says it all. I'm looking to shave a little weight. How much less does the alum one weigh than my steel sub-frame. I've already removed the overflow tank so that's not an issue.

Brian

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 12, 2003 - 04:41 AM

I put a YZ alum' subframe on my WR and I think it was a little over a pound lighter. Someone else here may know exact weights. The best thing I noticed was the rear of the bike now feels a lot more rigid than the steel original. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted June 12, 2003 - 04:42 AM

There were some posts on this topic about 8 months ago. Your guess is about the same as my failing memory. No overflow tank, no problems.
Search and confirm before you spend the bucks. Or borrow a friend's subframe to check.

• SFO

Posted June 12, 2003 - 05:18 AM

I swapped mine with a yz guy who wanted a catch tank.
Theyz one feels no different to me.
It looks tricker though!
Maybe I'll polish it... :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.