Vegas 2 Reno

24 replies to this topic
  • irondude

Posted June 30, 2003 - 05:51 PM

Huge Congrats to you Dan- impressive achievement! :)

Travis looked so bummed out there in the middle of the desert out of gas-and with 8 gallons, and me just putting- post crash, I couldnt pass up an opportunity to lighten my beast!!! 027 needs to get a new bike!

It seems there was an unusual number of serious get-offs. I've came accross several. Might explain why I couldnt find any medical staff at pits 5,6,7,8 or 9! In fact at pit 9 there was a guy 2 miles out with a broken collar bone who waited 1 1/2 hours for help. The BITD radio dude in pit 9 only went to get him after I threatened to go get him on my broken bike with my broken bones! (he kept asking what would Casey say!!) I assume the medical guys were busy with the other emergencies....dust + high speed = bad stuff.

Just FYI-- I'm trying to get Rob Barnum to join us in Baja to do some pitting, etc, for the 300. Maybe join forces down there in a couple months?-I know of 3 teams who are going to race-if you can find 3-4 more maybe we can all put together a pit effort-or at least some fun pre-running.
Any other thumpertalkers want to get your feet wet with an 'easy' Baja race? Feel free to join us! :D----BITD Baja 300 September 22, Ensenada to Ensenada.
hasta,
Mike

• sunnymex

Posted July 01, 2003 - 03:52 PM

Mike,

What's going on man, you aren't supposed to fall. We made it all the way through Mike's loop and you didn't get off once. Hmmm, do I really want to race the 1000 with you... :) Just kidding. That sucks that you hurt yourself, but as they say [@#$%&*!] happens. I think that saying deserves one of those little icons. Would be a great one. So what is the extent of the injuries. Nothing broken is it? What happened to the bike?

I finally dropped off my bike at Precision. They are going to rip it apart and see what is wrong with it. They said they could know in a few days.

Anyhow, glad to hear that you made it home somewhat safely and at least on your own. That is really too bad about the broken neck guy. That is a horrible thought of knowing that somebody had to drive home without him. REALLY puts things into perpective doenst it.

Alright irondude, hope you heal quickly, I do not want you to fall out of shape, we are going to need you this fall. Get on the stationary bike in the meantime.

Talk to you later.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BruceWA

Posted July 01, 2003 - 06:05 PM

Congratulations Dan, sounds like you had a very good ride!! :)

My condolences to the family of the fatally injured rider. These things are never easy.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted July 02, 2003 - 04:45 PM

Rock, :)

• CISCO

Posted July 06, 2003 - 03:53 AM

Congrats Dan! And Irondude! :D Cant wait to ride with ya....or I mean behind ya :)

My thoughts go out to the family of #616 Todd Carey. That is horrible news :D
So long ........
Posted Image

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.