Where can i get a good chain/sproket kit

9 replies to this topic
  • Dan_187

Posted July 05, 2010 - 07:37 PM

I've been using the Regina ORN6 as recommended from here and its been really good. now i want to replace it and Motosport doesn't have the renthal twinring with the regina chain. they dont carry this chain anymore.

where can i find a kit with this chain in it. They do have DID chains, are their o ring ones as good as the reginas??

• grayracer513

Posted July 06, 2010 - 05:17 AM

ThumperTalk sells the ORN6 under the MSR label. They don't have "kits" per se, but that allows you to order any two sprockets you might like along with your chain.

• crf450319

Posted July 06, 2010 - 06:30 AM

I'm running the DID ERV3 chain with Ironman sprockets, as with any new chain I had to adjust it/tighten it after the first few hours of runtime but it's all good now (26.3 hours of MX use).

So far I'm a happy camper.

• YamaLink

Posted July 06, 2010 - 08:24 AM

TT has 10% off, I believe, the chain grayracer mentioned.

Some have good luck with the Primary Drive combo.

• rdefonce

Posted July 06, 2010 - 08:47 AM

Another source I've found that has complete kits is:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dan_187

Posted July 06, 2010 - 02:23 PM

thx for the replies fellas.

is a DID o ring on par with the orn6?? what about renthals r3 o ring?

I have really good luck with my current setup so i dont want to deviate too far from the mark

• grayracer513

Posted July 06, 2010 - 02:41 PM

The R3 chain IS an ORN6, it just costs 20% more because it was relabeled.

There are several different DID O-ring and X-ring chains. The ERV3 that people are so hot for is a chain made for big road bikes, has way more tensile strength than necessary, and costs at least 30% more than an ORN6. DID has other chains at strength levels closer to the ORN6, but I don't know how they hold up from a wear resistance standpoint, or how their cost compares.

• Steel Panther

Posted July 06, 2010 - 02:48 PM

bto sports sells sprocket and chain packages for a good price, enter the code matthes for another 15% off.

• geshields

Posted July 07, 2010 - 06:34 AM

I always get my replacements here

• Luigic81

Posted July 08, 2010 - 05:28 PM

Rocky mountain sells kits, I get the primary drive o-ring with steel sprockets, I dont notice the weight difference and they last forever, and obviously you cant beat the price.

Related Content

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.