not firing

2 replies to this topic
  • VTthumper426

Posted June 11, 2003 - 04:48 PM

Hey guys i just cleaned my carb and now it wont get any compressiong stroke. Im constantly kicking it over with no fire. Did i screw anything up? The only thing i tweaked was my pilot screw. Any thoughts? Thanks Chris

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted June 11, 2003 - 05:03 PM

the only reason i could think of is the throttle position sensor... maybe u might have done something it but not have known... or check the spark plug cap if its not that... or maybe your plug is fouled..?? :D :)

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 12, 2003 - 04:36 AM

If you had the carb' slide out, you may have put it back in upside down. I'm not sure what you mean when you say "it won't get any compression stoke". If it is kicking right through the stroke with very little effort, check that your decomp' lever cable is adjusted correctly. If it just won't fire, check the slide. Also swap the spark plug to rule out a fouled plug, or flooded condition. If it ran OK before, it will be something simple. :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.