Doug Henry

9 replies to this topic
  • Shawbridge Husky

Posted January 22, 2001 - 02:20 PM

Rented Fox Greatest Hits over the holidays and there is footage of Doug Henry's crash a few years ago. ( '96, '97 ? ) Anyway was just wondering why he got so much air? He appeared to be a low flying plane over the track as he lapped riders! Was this intentional or did he have a stuck throttle situation like Mike Young of Big Gun fame encountered?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 22, 2001 - 02:49 PM

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to remember reading that he was racing someone up the hill and bobbled and ended up in a position where he for some reason couldn't let off of the gas.

It is amaizing that he recovered so well. I'm surprised that he wasn't paralized after landing and breaking his back, and then falling off of the bike to the ground. Miracles happen!

• DaveJ

Posted January 22, 2001 - 03:37 PM

Speaking of crashes, does anyone know what has happened to Travis Pastrana after his main heat crash in San Diego?

Noticed that he was not mentioned in the listing for Anaheim.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted January 22, 2001 - 04:02 PM

Pastrana left the track due to dizziness said to be related to last weeks crash, you can read more about it on supercross.com

Norman '00 426
Beaumont, TX

• dirtdad

Posted January 22, 2001 - 05:52 PM

The race was Budds Creek and Henry was actually dicing with Mcgrath (team-mates at the time) for second place. They got to the top of a big drop-off where normally they would let off the gas and coast off the top and land about half way down. Henry cased the jump at the opposite end of the saddle there and got a little squirrely. He was way back on the seat and just grabbed a handful of throttle. He actually cleared a pa system cable stretched across the track about halfway down the hill. Budds Creek ran the race in the opposite direction for the next two seasons because of that crash.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spodeboy

Posted January 22, 2001 - 11:36 PM

In San Diego Travis Spear headed him self into the back of a whoop. He was to dazed to finish the race.
In Anaheim last Saturday night, he also suffered from dizzyness, and tweaking his knee in the whoops during the main.
It's been recently reported that he will most likely race 250's until 125 east starts.

------------------
In a race, lead or get out of the way. In life, go in the opposite direction of the masses.

• TheBOS

Posted January 23, 2001 - 08:48 AM

Speaking of Doug Henry I got to meet him this summer when we parked at his house to go riding at a sandpit/track right next door. One of my friends grew up with him. Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to ride with him yet.

Anyway, the point of my post is that it's rumored that he may be starting up a motocross school at his new place, which would be great for us 4-stroke riders. -He lives in Connecticut by the way.

-Brett

• ToddW

Posted January 23, 2001 - 11:25 AM

By the way Mike Young didn't have a stuck throttle. I was about ten feet from him when he broke his back. He came up short on a double at Glen Helen's 4-stroke nat. The jump wasn't supposed to be a double, Lance Smail and Mike Healy were doing it. Mike tried it for the first time and came up about two feet short. It wasn't that bad but, he did go over the bars and never moved again.

Just today, I found out that a friend of mine came up short at Comp Park on Friday and ruptured his spleen and cut his liver and brused his bladder.

Safe Riding
Todd

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted January 23, 2001 - 01:25 PM

I read an interview about Mike Young once online and I could swear it was a case of struck trottle, but I am obviously mistaken. Anyways guys please inform me if Doug Henry does start up a Motocross school. I am in Montreal and Connecticut is about 6-8 hours from here so I'd be into it! He seems quite articulate when compared to the other riders interviwed in Fox Greatest Hits. Sorry but had to mention it. :)

[This message has been edited by Hugh LePage (edited 01-23-2001).]

• Shawbridge Husky

Posted January 23, 2001 - 01:25 PM

:)

[This message has been edited by Hugh LePage (edited 01-23-2001).]

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.