Every moto riders dream

6 replies to this topic
  • StreetMoto

Posted June 11, 2003 - 12:37 PM

I found this pic on the Australian Yamaha web site. Ive always wonderd what the traction would be like. never had the balls to find out.

Posted Image

• Hick

Posted June 11, 2003 - 01:17 PM

You need to see Motohed: Time To Ride, an off-road riding vid. There is a long section in there of Ty Davis on a yellow YZF making tables out of tee boxes, berms out of sand traps, and double jumps out of bunkers.

Pretty cool, actually...

Motohed

There is now a Motohed II also... :)

• fiveoh141

Posted June 11, 2003 - 01:29 PM

I second the time to ride video. It's good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Drew_Seattle_DRZ400s

Posted June 11, 2003 - 01:48 PM

Ditto above. I'm a pretty avid golfer, but it was great to see Ty tear it up! :)

• MOmilkman

Posted June 11, 2003 - 03:02 PM

Ditto above. I'm a pretty avid golfer, but it was great to see Ty tear it up! :D

Actually I would have liked to see Ty twist the throttle a little harder than he did.

It was pretty obvious they had some kind of deal with him that he could only do the jumping and riding IF he didnt roost or lock the brakes. The only place he threw any terra firma was in the sand.

None the less it was still sweet watching him ride on the course :)

• Keetoman426

Posted June 11, 2003 - 03:33 PM

One thing the video fails to mention is that Ty owns the golf course. Don't try this on my course or you will be shot! :)

• yamahasocal450

Posted June 11, 2003 - 04:56 PM

when my 450 had new tires.... back in the day around a whole 2 m onths ago, we were going to move so i took the wr on a fresh field of green grass by my house.... nice and thick and new 739s on the rear wheel ahhh yes a little blip of the throtle... lofts hte front wheel right in the air... then a roll on the throttle sends the rear wheel by your side and mud grass gophers snakes and hwat not all in the air :D :D :) :D :D :D :D :D... wow lots of fun :D :D :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.