2001 yz 426 clutch help

1 reply to this topic
  • IKERTEL

Posted July 04, 2010 - 07:53 PM

I have just purchased 2001 yz 426. I had opened the clutch and noticed there was no oil at all it was completely dry and i also noticed that the clutch pressure plate was rubbing the inside of the clutch cover and there were shavings.

Any feedback would be great I'm kinda freaking out and im totally new to 4 strokes .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kawidad

Posted July 05, 2010 - 07:39 AM

Bad ju-ju. (But you knew that already)

It has a dry sump engine, but it should have oil in there and it should not be rubbing anywhere. I would suspect a fried oil pump, which would mean bad things everywhere.

I just went through it with a project bike. It had trannie problems, which shed metal flakes that fried the oil pump, which in turn, cause oil starvation to the top end. This cause several burned cam journals.

I don't mean to be doom and gloom, but I'd say a total tear down is in order

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.