YZ450F over-heating...help!!!

Ya but is seems that it is a problem with the cooling system it also steams and smokes when in idle but it dont when we ride thats what i meant by OVERHEATIN
I understood that perfectly. The primary difference is that at idle, there is no air running over the radiators, and little or no circulation. YZF's typically will boil over if you let them idle long enough. If it's blowing over after less than 30 seconds, there's something wrong. If it's taking more than 90 seconds, that's just the way things are.

It won't hurt to do an inspection of the system, though:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9403228#post9403228

Here we go again.

That took longer than I thought it would.

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9404429#post9404429

Do you work for an Evans dealer or something?

Absolutely have nothing to do with Evans other than promote a product that should be put in from the factory. There would zero discussions on overheating. Hell Yamaha could save money by not installing an overflow tank on the

WR models with Evans in the radiator.

It's in a league way above any other coolant.

Like I said many many times, the coolant is amazing and in a league way above any other.

Because it works!!!!!!!

I have a lot of positive experience with it unlike the people that are experts and have zero experience. Some people just like to argue.

I'm here trying to help people.

Where does the heat go? Does Evans have a higher boiling point and just keep the heat in the motor? If so doesn't that just mask the heat the engine is putting off? I always thought it is puking a little coolant that means either shut it off or go. I actually run 100% water and have never had a problem overheating. Although I think that has more to do with the type of riding I do than they type of coolant.

ok so it's good. i don't argue with that but like mikedabike is getting at(well from my perspective anyway i don't want to put words in anyones mouth) if you have a sudden overheating problem when all the conditions and everything else are rather normal to what you're used to then there is an underlying problem that needs addressed rather than just covered up. i have no doubt that evans is a quality product. just need to get the problem, if there is one, solved first then go from there with another coolant.

Letting your bike idle to long and boil over with stock coolant is totally normal.There is no underlying problem.

Of course you should always fix an underlying problem if these is one. Any normal person is aware of that.

It would be real nice not to argue a point with zero real world experience.

first off bud i'm not arguing anything further more i have REAL WORLD EXPERIENCE with other products that i'm completely happy with so stop pushing evans on every damn coolant thread on the freaking forum! it gets old. you can't push YOUR choices on everyone. i bet out of the 117 posts you have 110 of them are you trying to push evans on people.

at any friggin rate back to the MAIN TOPIC OF THIS POST WHICH ISN'T EVANS! yes letting any bike sit idling for over a minute is going to cause it to boil... gotta keep the air flowing.

• 3 weeks later...

With all of that said I would listen to grey racer. he helped me with the same exact problem turns out I was idleing to long. If you put in a great coolant that stops the overheating, how will you know when the cooling system is messed up! go factory and stop idleing.

• 6 years later...

So my 04 yz450 over heats really fast even when I'm kicking it heat starts to come off and then not even 2 min of ideling the pipe is glowing red hot does anyone know what the deal might be