Best type of Oil WR426

4 replies to this topic
  • npfman

Posted July 03, 2010 - 08:47 AM

Hi peeps,

mine needs changing soon and a local bike shop is selling up so all oil is half price!.

Which is best type of oil for a 426, 10w40? fully synthetic?, bike will mainly used for green laning, it has yz decomp cam, ported carb, akrapovic exhaust, and made 49~ bhp at the rear wheel. I have completely forgotten what i put in last time!

They also have fork oil cheap not sure what weight to run either?

Cheers for the replies in advance!

• npfman

Posted July 03, 2010 - 08:54 AM

It also has an STM slipper clutch as the guy who owned it before me only rode it as a racing SM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pooley

Posted July 03, 2010 - 08:04 PM

As long it is NOT friction modified you can run conventional, semi- or fully synthetic. It boils down to personal choice. I've run conventional, fully synthetic Mobil 1, and now semi-synthetic in my WR 426. If it is a good price, go for it. It is all about changing the oil often, more so than the type.

• YamaLink

Posted July 04, 2010 - 11:35 AM

+1 well said.

I've run conventional, fully synthetic Mobil 1, and now semi-synthetic in my WR 426. If it is a good price, go for it. It is all about changing the oil often, more so than the type.

• npfman

Posted July 04, 2010 - 12:23 PM

Cheers for that got 9 litres of putoline 10w40 fully synth half price in the end!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.