2009 WR 450 Swing Arm Bearings

23 replies to this topic
  • GASKICKER

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:30 AM

for a noob, what kind of time should I plan to spend tearing apart the linkage? I understand there are tons of variables, just looking for an idea - is it going to take me a whole weekend or can it be done in an evening?

• allterra

Posted March 15, 2013 - 05:34 PM

for a noob, what kind of time should I plan to spend tearing apart the linkage? I understand there are tons of variables, just looking for an idea - is it going to take me a whole weekend or can it be done in an evening?

Just the link re-grease 3hrs max.
Mine took 2 days including the swing arm. Mind you my bike is an 07 that has not been apart and in it's life it has seen nothing but more swamp and muck. The PO only had the dealer work on it. he was one of those "when it breaks I'll have the dealer replace it." see my thread Swing arm and linkage bearings. http://www.thumperta...nkage-bearings/

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted March 15, 2013 - 06:49 PM

An arbor press will be your best friend. Should be able to get it all done in an afternoon of you have the right tools.

• GASKICKER

Posted March 16, 2013 - 07:02 PM

this greasing of linkage is all new to me, mostly because this is the first dirt bike Ive owned in 19 years.....why didnt they just manufacture the linkage with zerks?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.