Nu-ta-me 2005 WR 450F

5 replies to this topic
  • kinraw

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:04 PM

Almost ready for the next Baja Safari this month....got the new graphics on, Acerbis tank installed... now just need to figure out that annoying stutter! (may possibly test out the Dynatek CBI in the next few weeks - keep you all posted). Looks good though huh?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• wrrider15

Posted July 03, 2010 - 03:41 AM

looks sweet mate,good work :)

• whoops dude

Posted July 04, 2010 - 04:10 PM

who did your graphics? sweet machine by the way.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kinraw

Posted July 05, 2010 - 07:58 AM

Thanks. Ya i did the graphics myself. I got the Face Lift Unlimited 2010 TS1 Graphics Kit from http://www.oemcycle.com for about $90. It was pretty hard to find a kit that i liked; not too many out there for our bikes for some reason. When i got the bike the graphics were totally faded but now with the new kit it looks brand new. :)

later

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 05, 2010 - 09:16 AM

What annoying stutter are you referring to. I have an 05 and I used to get a stutter or bog if I whacked the throttle open too fast. It was really annoying.

Reducing the size of the leakjet fixed it for me. I think the stock is 50. So I reduced mine to a 40 and it took care of it. I now have an adjustable leak jet.

Its a cheap and easy fix (assuming we are talking about the same thing)

Sweet graphics btw...

Almost ready for the next Baja Safari this month....got the new graphics on, Acerbis tank installed... now just need to figure out that annoying stutter! (may possibly test out the Dynatek CBI in the next few weeks - keep you all posted). Looks good though huh?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• kinraw

Posted July 06, 2010 - 02:46 PM

The stutter prob is that stutter problem that has been discussed forever on this forum (here's one of the threads: http://www.thumperta...802#post8361802 )

I've done the gray wire mod, Air Cut Valve mod, disconnected the TPS, and had it jetted to my FMF pipe. The stutter is still there but much less noticable after the tps removal, but still there. I've basically subscribe to the theory that the CDI is the ultimate culpret and the mods are just masking the problem. At some point i'll probably get the Dynatek CDI and see if it fixes the issue completely.

I'll also check what size my leak jet is, I'll definetely try your idea before i kick down for an expensive CDI. let you know.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.