King tires

1 reply to this topic
  • MrMXer

Posted January 22, 2001 - 01:45 AM

Hey Folks! Has anyone tried the $40 Kings? I've had a few friends run them and they seemed to be happy with them.. Myself, I can't imagine that a $40 tire would be worth a hoot, but I thought I'd ask to see what everyone in Thumperland thought. While I'm at it.. What about the Maxxis treads?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • scottzx7rr

Posted January 22, 2001 - 03:58 AM

I have a friend that runs both and they have good wear. The Maxxis that he runs are the 6000 and the only thing that I don't like about them is that they are directional so flipping the over and running them longer is not a option. The riding that we do is rocky, hilly(Chadwick, MO) and sandy, rocky, dirt(Flat River, MO) where you need a intermediate to soft tire.

His bike is a KX250. But he now owns a XR600 so he just put the King 752 knockoff for the Flat River run last week and it did very well. We are going to do a Chadwick ride soon on it to see how it does.

------------------
Scott #431
Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"
'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)
'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR
"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"
"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"
Pics

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.