how would you make a bike feel "bigger"

10 replies to this topic
  • rmx250rider

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:56 AM

I'm a good 6' 5'' 200 pounds with boots & Gear on, have pro taper clamp, moved all the way up. woods high bars and I still feel to big for the bike when standing. any ideas?

• DaJudge

Posted July 02, 2010 - 04:42 AM

SDG tall seat?

I'm 6'2" and wear 36" inseam pants. I've been considering trying one.

• Steel Panther

Posted July 02, 2010 - 09:52 AM

You can try lower footpegs such as the fastways, but then you have to buy their mounts to mount them in the lowboy position which ends up costing over $150. I got a set of STR lower footpeg mounts which lower the pegs 10mm and doesnt move them back which i like, you can get them from or ebay like I did. The 10mm difference helped me a lot along with taller bars.
Im 6' 4" and run kx high pro taper bars in the forward position on my stock 09 clamp and I could still use some more height. Im not sure if I should buy the gytr bar risers seeing as they are only 5mm of rise and are $80 for some washers under the bar clamps.

• Steel Panther

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:03 PM

Sorry to thread jack, but does anyone know if these will work with the stock bar mounts?

• grayracer513

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:17 PM

Only if you use the +10mm studs with them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • schrode

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:19 PM

tall seat, lowered pegs, bar risers, pastrana fmx bars. you should be comfortable with all that

• Steel Panther

Posted July 02, 2010 - 03:37 PM

Only if you use the +10mm studs with them.

Do i need the longer studs or just the bolts? I think im going to go down there next week and buy some, ill report back when I get them on.

• rmx250rider

Posted July 02, 2010 - 04:40 PM

I have the steel frame. Do i just order the fastway pegs and they come as lowboys?

• Towman910

Posted July 02, 2010 - 04:51 PM

I'm 6'5'' and I use 2" bar risers with Pro Taper Kevin Windham bars. They're tall, but they're also quite wide with very little sweep, good for big guys with broad shoulders. The risers work good because the bars go forward as well as up, so you don't get "pushed back" towards the back of the bike. The only problem I've found is that the bars get thrown out of line pretty much every time they hit the ground, since I have bolt-type clamps that can swivel.

Seems to help a lot when standing. I still need to invest in tall seat foam, though, so I'm not cramped down while sitting.

• rideandshoot

Posted July 02, 2010 - 04:56 PM

bigger gas tank might help, lower footpegs bar risers and a tall seat

• Steel Panther

Posted July 02, 2010 - 05:12 PM

I have the steel frame. Do i just order the fastway pegs and they come as lowboys?

yea you can mount them in normal position or the lowboy. I think its only the 06-09 yz's that require their mount, but id check first.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.