Left side cover removal 06WR50F

1 reply to this topic
  • Bandit9

Posted June 30, 2010 - 04:36 PM

I need to replace the stator on my 06WR450F. I'm having trouble removing the sidecover. I removed the cover bolts, the starter gears, the bolt under the gears and it still won't come off. Behind where the starter gears were, there is two more longish bolts that have a tiny head size. My 6mm socket was too big for these. They are in a hard to get spot too. Just wondering if these bolts are the reason the cover isn't coming off? Is so, how do you get to them?

Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted June 30, 2010 - 06:06 PM

The answer is no. Those tiny bolts do not need to come off. I managed to get the side cover off. It was just very tight/snug around the starter area. Anyhow, nothing to it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.