YZF carby perhaps?

1 reply to this topic
  • pdunlop

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:21 PM

The bike is a 2004 WR450 that I purchased as an unfinished project (came in many boxes).

I’ve finished building up the engine and thought I’d have a look at the carby internals to see what jet sizes it was using. I simply assumed it was a standard WR450 carby, but the model number on the side of it says 2S21 rather than the expected 5TJ1 or 5TJ2.

I did a search and all that I could find was that the 2006 YZ 450F used 2S1 as a part number prefix for some parts (including the carby), so I am guessing that this carby originated from that model bike rather than a WR.

Can anyone verify this for me?

Fingers crossed the carby will work with the 2004 WR engine!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pdunlop

Posted July 05, 2010 - 03:11 PM

Just to close off this query, I have determined that it is indeed a 2006 YZ450 carby, (no ACV and shorter hot start cable), and it seems to work fine on the WR engine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.