Power Tuner

6 replies to this topic
  • Mick17

Posted June 30, 2010 - 08:19 AM

I bought a power tuner for my sons bike. Can I use it on my bike also? Or is it like the truck power tuners where it only works for one vehicle at a time ? Do I need to buy one for each bike? I have 2 2010 450's

• aedwards07

Posted June 30, 2010 - 09:04 AM

You can use it for as many bikes as you want.

• grayracer513

Posted June 30, 2010 - 09:11 AM

They only work on the 2010 YZ450, but they don't stay connected, so you can use them on any number of bikes. The power tuners you're thinking of are devices like Power Commanders that modify information in the data stream to "trick" the system into an alternate behavior. The GYT-R Power Tuner re-writes the firmware on the bike's ECM, so it only has to be connected while the new program is loaded.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mick17

Posted June 30, 2010 - 11:11 AM

They only work on the 2010 YZ450, but they don't stay connected, so you can use them on any number of bikes. The power tuners you're thinking of are devices like Power Commanders that modify information in the data stream to "trick" the system into an alternate behavior. The GYT-R Power Tuner re-writes the firmware on the bike's ECM, so it only has to be connected while the new program is loaded.

Both our bikes are 2010 yz450's.........Thats good to know I only need one for both bikes!!! Can't do that with the truck tuners!!! They disconnect also, but you can only change one vehicle at a time!!!

• Beatcoaster

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:04 PM

I just ordered mine from North County Yamaha off their ebay page...$207 to my door!! Best price I have found!

• Mick17

Posted June 30, 2010 - 06:14 PM

I paid 250 for mine. But I'm happy as hell I only need one!!! More money for gas!!!

• jeff_wsu

Posted June 30, 2010 - 07:03 PM

I just ordered mine from North County Yamaha off their ebay page...$207 to my door!! Best price I have found!

HA! That's exactly where I got mine from also :) Fast shipping as well

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.