how to make a 07 450 handle better

10 replies to this topic
  • rasta

Posted June 29, 2010 - 07:18 PM

hi, my 07 is set up for woods racing but it pushes front end in every corner, i cant afford expensive suspension and dont launch off of jumps anymore, the biggest i go now days is 50-60 footers, is there and mods that people do to help corner better?, and handle in single track,thanks

• forklord

Posted June 30, 2010 - 05:54 PM

my 07 450 was handling pretty good until lately. I have no idea why. i havent changed anything really. front end is doing what it wants. i have yet to check the sag and my clickers. have you dialed anything in with some test riding? how much you weigh?

• rasta

Posted June 30, 2010 - 07:39 PM

i weigh around 230. set the sag and played with the clickers but still feels like it wants to push in turns, i loose the front end here and there when i through it down when turning

• rmx250rider

Posted June 30, 2010 - 08:41 PM

Either change the offset of the clamps... cheapest way is to move up a little further or put your leg higher... i do/did all 3 and it helps out alot

• Polar_Bus

Posted July 02, 2010 - 02:49 AM

hi, my 07 is set up for woods racing but it pushes front end in every corner, i cant afford expensive suspension and dont launch off of jumps anymore, the biggest i go now days is 50-60 footers, is there and mods that people do to help corner better?, and handle in single track,thanks

Do what I did and get a Scott's steering stabilizer, crank up the dampening, then slide your forks up into the tripple clamps for some more cornering bite. Trust me you will be amazed at how well those Scotts unit's work ! I have 2 of em' and initially didn't think I needed one on my YZ450 (I've had one for severall years on my KX500). Do some searching under "Scotts" and you will read a lot of positive feedback.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motoryan25

Posted July 02, 2010 - 09:35 AM

Try running your axle near the back of the chain adjustment slots. This will move the weight bias towards the front wheel giving you some more bite. I know it sounds counter intuitive but it helps. Those Yamaha's definitely have issues on the entrance to turns. Hope that helps!

• rasta

Posted July 02, 2010 - 10:56 PM

thanks for info guys, i will try all you have advised

• mywifefarts

Posted July 05, 2010 - 06:26 PM

One of the easiest and least expensive things you can do to help it corner better beside or along with sliding your forks up in the clamps is to contact Dave Johnson of SMART Performance Inc. and ask him how to verify wether or not your forks were fitted with bleed stacks from the factory. And if so how to remove them.

• almostinvincible119

Posted July 05, 2010 - 09:17 PM

One of the easiest and least expensive things you can do to help it corner better beside or along with sliding your forks up in the clamps is to contact Dave Johnson of SMART Performance Inc. and ask him how to verify wether or not your forks were fitted with bleed stacks from the factory. And if so how to remove them.

x2 :)

• Wiz636

Posted July 08, 2010 - 09:14 AM

i weigh around 230. set the sag and played with the clickers but still feels like it wants to push in turns, i loose the front end here and there when i through it down when turning

You need stiffer springs. At 230 you are way past the capability of the stock springs and the bike is probably wallowing in corners with the back end settling too low and turning the bike into a chopper. Also, with the proper springs for your weight you will notice that your suspension is much more plush on the small choppy stuff.

The other advice is sound, nevertheless it is all just a bandaid for the real problem.

• rmx250rider

Posted July 08, 2010 - 09:08 PM

lean all the way forward and wide open. goon her out. haha just kiddin. but yes new springs and revalve is the best thing you can ever do to a bike

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.