Supercross Live Text & Race Results

6 replies to this topic
  • Boomer

Posted January 21, 2001 - 03:23 AM

For us poor boys.... does anyone know which, if any site is running the live text of the races this year?

The pacesupercross site is audio only I believe - besides it is a bit screwed up - some of the areas (and those are results only) will not let you "go back" to previous screens.

Jeremy is the man...

.. I can't wait till outdoors - Ferry will be flying once he gets some open terrain on which to run that machine!

• teamtoxic

Posted January 22, 2001 - 06:09 AM

ESPN runs a live web broadcast at or you can navigate your way to it by going to

I'm 15, live in MI and ride a '00 426F
YZ 426's suck!(all the air they can get)

• Boomer

Posted January 23, 2001 - 01:56 PM

Thanks Tox,

Hey don't you live in MI?

What part?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boomer

Posted January 23, 2001 - 02:16 PM

Tox - there is NO TEXT!!!!!!!!!

• teamtoxic

Posted January 23, 2001 - 05:44 PM

sorry man, I've never used so I didn't really know what kind of broadcast it had. I live in Port Huron. How about you?

I'm 15, live in MI and ride a '00 426F
YZ 426's suck!(all the air they can get)

• Boit

Posted January 23, 2001 - 06:59 PM

The new ESPN2 format of airing two one-hour segments of each class has not been what I had hoped for. I miss the 250 heats and semis. Those can be some of the best races. The LCQ's can be really wild with only 2 riders advancing. The editing of some of the racing is disappointing as well. During the San Diego S/X, they went to break soon after Carmichael took the lead and McGrath was still on his fender. When the racing resumed, McGrath was nowhere in sight. I realize that editing is done to squeeze the racing into the time alloted for, but they could skip some of the inane junk and have more time for airing the actual racing. At least they don't put on that Bernardo guy. I wish they would concentrate more on showing the action and not the fluff.

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 01-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 01-23-2001).]

• YZThumpa

Posted January 24, 2001 - 06:43 PM

That live broadcast (audio only) on the net is well worth listening to. I used to try to wait a week and the catch the race on ESPN2 but then I can't check out all my favorite websites or I'll know who won already. I checked out the live audio and it is awesome. They do a 30 minute pre-race show and then call all of the heats, semis, LCQs, and mains. They do a great job calling the action. The last race had the 2 usual announcers and Jimmy Button all calling the race and they were going so nuts at the finish you could hardly make out who won.rather than not wanting to watch on TV since I know the result, I can't wait to see it because it sounded so great. From now on I will listen to the live audio without a doubt ( although since it does't end until after midnight on Saturday, it makes it awfully hard to wake up early on race day).

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.