wr450 not starting from e-start

4 replies to this topic
  • gsmiddy

Posted June 24, 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi,
I have an 07 wr450 yamaha that will not start from the e-start. The bike starts fine from the kick starter.

When I press the e-start, the bike turns over ok but will not start. Checked the voltage when using the e-start and it doesn't drop much. Tried to jump start and no joy. Checked all wiring and it looks ok.

Changed the starter parts using another wr450 and still no joy. I checked the spark plug with e-start and there is spark every now and then. During all this period I have sold the bike, just need to fix this problem.

Where should I go from here. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Ger

• William1

Posted June 24, 2010 - 01:26 PM

Try a new plug?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsmiddy

Posted June 28, 2010 - 04:11 AM

Cheers,
might try a new plug. If this fails I may have to start looking at the wiring

• Col Psoas

Posted June 28, 2010 - 03:40 PM

if it runs with the kick starter I'm guess its not the plug, I vote checking wiring, sorry :)

• L. Euler

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:02 PM

Check the valve clearance. My 03 WR450 did exactly the same thing, and all of the sudden. Checked the intake valves and the clearance had gone negative. In other words, two of the intake valves were being held very slightly open and the relatively slow turn over of the estart compared to the kick allowed compression to bleed off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.