Clark Tank Question

6 replies to this topic
  • yrun

Posted June 22, 2010 - 06:37 PM

I've installed the Clark 3.3 gallon tank and had to add a longer gas line; Didn't have any 90 degree elbows so I basically looped the gas line (180 degree) back toward the carb. The line may be a bit lower than the carb now. The other options are too install a 90 degree fitting and clean it up a bit or run the petcock backwards so barbed fitting is pointing to the carb..

What have you others done that have installed the clark 3.3?

• resinlips

Posted June 22, 2010 - 06:53 PM

Get an 06 petcock and problem solved. It faces the rear so it's just a straight line to the carb.

This is something I've needed to do since I went with a Clark tank 8 months ago.

• comtnrider

Posted June 23, 2010 - 07:15 PM

I just run the stock petcock backward, not a problem and the line goes straight to the carb (with a small in-line filter). :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Baja trail Rider

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:01 PM

I run it backwards no problems .

• yrun

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:35 PM

I like the idea of the 06 petcock the best..

thank you for the replies....

• resinlips

Posted June 24, 2010 - 05:43 PM

The petcock and fuel line stick out into the shread zone when you run it backwards. Imho

• JimL

Posted July 04, 2010 - 05:09 PM

i just bought the 06 petcock.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.