2011 WR's?

28 replies to this topic
  • Mutu

Posted June 28, 2010 - 02:25 AM

That was my understanding as well. I lived there for four years and did a fair amount of racing. The guy who sponsored me, Woody from Race Motorcycles in Alice Springs, told me how the ADR procedure worked.

You work for NASA?

• Tau

Posted June 29, 2010 - 10:34 AM

So no new bike again still on 06 yz (wr rized)

• Charles De Mar

Posted June 30, 2010 - 08:20 AM

I am still on my '06 steel frame. I am waiting for the wr350 as well. I have my steel frame dialed in and it's like my old friend now. I may be on it for a few more years.:) It might as well be a Timex.

• rx1mtnman

Posted June 30, 2010 - 11:50 AM

I see the '11 TT-R's and 4 wheelers are up on the site but nothing on the WR's or YZ's....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bandit9

Posted June 30, 2010 - 02:54 PM

I'm with Charles, my 06 is just about perfect. I like the steel frame. It's now jetted to where I can ride just about anywhere and not have to do more than adjust the fuel screw. It handles excellent. Most stable bike I have ever rode. Brakes are great. Very relieable. It only has about 80hrs on it. It was a good deal. If only the seat was like an XR400. That is really the only fault I have with the bike. I'll just keep it until something comes along and blows my doors off.

• nickt916

Posted July 03, 2010 - 09:21 AM

so no new WR for 2011 or to early to tell? ill just wait till maybe september and then buy me a used 08,09 or 10

Posted July 08, 2010 - 08:38 AM

Seriously, how tough would it be for Yamaha to make a WR off this platform? This is what Valli Motorsports races in the WORCS series. With a few more mods (mostly gearing), this thing would be bad to the bone off road. :)

Posted Image

• ASternad

Posted July 09, 2010 - 07:49 AM

After my 8month run with a 08 Husky TE510 FI and all the bugs that thing brought to the table, I'm more than happy to stick with a carb based bike.
That bucket of bolts left me stranded on the side of the road, had to call the wife for pickup, got it home and found the plug into the CPU loose. Fired right up after that, but I was disenchanted with FI after that, not to mention it was never properly tuned right and that was a constant struggle. No more 1st editions for me, I like the idea my 09 WR has a track record of reliability.

On the other hand, I do have trouble sleeping at night knowing there is a KTM 350 in the world.

• nickt916

Posted July 26, 2010 - 05:57 PM

so no 2011 WR450... or is it still to early to know?

i will start looking for 07-10 WR450 with as little hours as possible soon

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.