Suspension help for WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • Pooley

Posted June 22, 2010 - 07:12 AM

I need to change my fork seals on my WR426 and have a quick question.

After you remove the fork cap, you have to press down the spring and insert a spanner wrench to be able to remove the cap from the the rest of the assembly. I don't have a spanner wrench and my box wrenches are too fat to fit between the spacer and the spring guide. What size wrench is required to be able to completely remove the fork cap? I need to buy a wrench of the appropriate size. If I can't get a narrow wrench, I'll buy a box wrench and just grind it down so that it is thin enough.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jayh300

Posted June 22, 2010 - 07:19 AM

cant remember for sure... was at a buddy's house doing his one day and ran into the same thing.. we used a small thin cresent wrench and it went right in.. luckily they were not that tight.. then you could check the size for sure..

• grayracer513

Posted June 22, 2010 - 07:49 AM

Starting with the '05, the rod lock nut was much more accessible. On the older ones, you can use a fairly normal 17mm or 11/16" open end if you pull the spring and the steel "top hat" down a ways. I always used a normal Snap-On combo wrench, but they are a little thinner than some.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.