one more jetting question (should be quick)

7 replies to this topic
  • billy the kidd

Posted June 21, 2010 - 03:48 PM

i have an 07 wr 450 that has all of the uncorked mods,, with a fmf powercore 4 , and had been rejetted, and has always ran great,, today i put a mega bomb header on to replace the stock header, my question is do i need to rejet again for the addition of the header, or should it be ok,,,, thanks again ,,

just a note ,, it seemed to be a little on the rich side of jetting before the new header not bad just safe,,

• Mutu

Posted June 21, 2010 - 10:22 PM

Ride it and find out!

• billy the kidd

Posted June 23, 2010 - 06:35 AM

really ,, 60 views and the answer i get is ride it ,,,,wow thanks a lot for all the help,,,, i just figured that some one out there had done about the same thing ,and knew weather or not i would need to rejet,,, whatever

• tribalbc

Posted June 23, 2010 - 06:57 AM

All bikes can run differently to the same mods. The only way to know how YOUR bike is going to react is to ride it and find out.
That said I doubt a header will make a whole lot of changes, maybe a tweak of the fuel screw.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • CanadianWR450

Posted June 23, 2010 - 08:07 AM

The megabomb will lean it out a LITTLE, probably not enough to have to touch jetting outside of fuel screw (If you don't have a adjustable one....get one...)
If you were a LITTLE rich to begin with, your probably good to go....but as Tribal said above.....the proof is in when you ride it.......

• billy the kidd

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:58 AM

thanks that is just what i was looking for,,,, i know that every bike is different,,, i was just looking for a rough idea,,,, thank you all again ,, i will ride it to double check and i do have an adjustable screw,,,,

• Mutu

Posted June 23, 2010 - 10:57 PM

really ,, 60 views and the answer i get is ride it ,,,,wow thanks a lot for all the help,,,, i just figured that some one out there had done about the same thing ,and knew weather or not i would need to rejet,,, whatever

So what, would you just change jetting with out riding it first? :)

• billy the kidd

Posted June 27, 2010 - 07:03 PM

no i was just hoping that someone might be able to tell me what i might be able to expect before i started,,smart ass

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.