Radiator shroud retaining washers

2 replies to this topic
  • pdunlop

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:10 PM

I'm in the process of building up a 2004 model WR450 from (many) boxes of parts.

Looking at the plastic radiator shrouds, it appears that special 'shaped' washers are used in conjuction with the bolts to mount the shrouds to the tank, but I don't seem to have them in my boxes of bits.

From what I can see in the on-line parts listings, they don't appear to be available as a seperate item to purchase (maybe they are included with the shroud), so I'm wondering if anyone has had to buy them and if so, where they can be purchased from?

Thanks
Peter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BajaFool

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:27 PM

According to the parts list at this link:http://www.motogrid.com/, the bolts and the bushings come as an assemby and they are not expensive, $1.25 - $1.38 each USD. Follow the prompts for Yamaha parts. When you arrive at the parts pictures, look under "side cover". Item numbers 12,13, 17 and 18.

• pdunlop

Posted June 21, 2010 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for that - I had assumed that the ones included with the bolt were just small flat washers (they look like that in the parts diagrams), but if they are actually the shaped collar washers then that's what I'm after!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.