Bog when motor hot

4 replies to this topic
  • yz450scott

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:29 AM

My bike has very little "YZ Bog" when I crack the throttle when I am warming up the bike, but after riding for a few minutes and the motor is hot I have a definate bog or hesitation from no throttle to 1/8 throttle. I have leaned out the pilot jet and have the fuel screw 1/2 turn out. I have tried a 38 pilot jet and played around with the fuel screw with no affect. I know none of my jets are clogged. I completely tore down the carb and thoroughly cleaned the carb and all jets.. I lowered the needle to the 3rd position (raised clip to lean it), but it is still the stock needle. I was thinking of changing the needle to the next leaner needle. I have ordered a quickshot for the AC pump to see if that helps. It is strange that the bog/ hesitation is worse when the motor is hot and also worsens when I go up in altitude..The valves are adjusted perfectly and the motor starts kick hot or cold..What are my options? Any advice at all would be great...Thanks

By the way, My bike is a 2001 YZ426 (stock head pipe with White Brothers E-series Muffler) :with only about 50 hours total on the motor..

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:27 AM

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bodnar44

Posted June 20, 2010 - 04:31 PM

Test your throttle position sensor. The test steps are in the service manual 6-9 section. I bet that it is going bad.

• MrBlahh

Posted June 20, 2010 - 04:37 PM

tps on a 2001 426?

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2010 - 05:52 PM

Yes. Why not? All YZF's have them.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.