No clutch pull after installing new clutch.

8 replies to this topic
  • Slinkyman16

Posted June 20, 2010 - 05:53 AM

Installed a new clutch in my 07. Dpk if that helps.. Went to ride te bike and their is no clutch pull at all. cable is extended as far as it will go (new cable as well.. Any ideas?

• yz450scott

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:20 AM

What about the ball bearing that goes into the clutch shaft rod that pushes on the pressure plate? It is very easy for it to fall out while changing the clutch and not realizing it. Another thing could be that the new clutch pak is slightly thicker than stock, this will make the throw of the clutch too far and will not engage the clutch

• Slinkyman16

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:21 AM

well heres a thing.. only parts i removed were the plates and pressure plate.. nothing else came apart. the shaft should still be intact.. whats throwing me is that there is alot of play in the actuator arm.. im going to put my stock clutch back in to see if thats doing something but im like lost on ideas..

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:26 AM

There is an increased number of plates in your new clutch, or the plates are thicker, or both.

Better off with OEM and/or a conversion to an '06 clutch.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz450scott

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:27 AM

make sure that the thickness of the clutch plates (the metal ones, not the fiber ones.)are the same from stock. Use a micrometer, they will look the same but a difference in .005 will make a big difference. I just had the same problem and I had the wrong plates, they were .007mm thicker each. It made my clutch almost almost unadjustable. Once I went back to the stock thickness, all was good.

• Slinkyman16

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:23 AM

update..

fixed the clutch problem.. the new motion pro cable i bought was to long, as well as the clutch i bought was to thick for the basket.. both are going back.. going to save for a slipper.

thanks for ponting me in a direction that fixed the issues..

• Slinkyman16

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:24 AM

make sure that the thickness of the clutch plates (the metal ones, not the fiber ones.)are the same from stock. Use a micrometer, they will look the same but a difference in .005 will make a big difference. I just had the same problem and I had the wrong plates, they were .007mm thicker each. It made my clutch almost almost unadjustable. Once I went back to the stock thickness, all was good.

pretty much nailed it on the head.. the cause was two fold, increased number of plates as well as the steals were thicker.

• yz450scott

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:13 AM

glad to help

• Live 2 Ride

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:24 AM

How does this crap happen ?

Did u order on your own or something ? But still any parts store shouldnt be selling you un-useable Bull$hit.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.