DRZ400 Manual Cam Chain Tensioner

7 replies to this topic
  • MIRAGE

Posted June 19, 2010 - 11:31 PM

Hello guys.... Today i found this link on youtube and i would like the experts to let us know how good is this way to replace the ACCT to the MCCT... it explains in details how to do it. and since iam changing it i would like to know if its a good way to make it the same as the video shows

Thanks

• suzuki sm nut 123

Posted June 20, 2010 - 04:29 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=639008

yes, that will get it done, but read this also

• GOF1

Posted June 20, 2010 - 05:28 AM

I never understood the need to remove the exhaust. Just seems like extra work.

• happy seal

Posted June 20, 2010 - 05:59 AM

I never understood the need to remove the exhaust. Just seems like extra work.

People overthink this install. remove old, install new, adjust. Like Eddie says = 5 minutes. If youv'e never done one = find proper size tools drop tools three times, kick dog outta the way, help kid get unstuck from the trampoline frame= 20 minutes!
Am I right?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MIRAGE

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:23 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=639008

yes, that will get it done, but read this also

hey man i already check that but on the video does not look that complicate as it explains in the threat.... :thumbsup:

if i do it like it shows on video is it ok i guess ?

thanks

• E.Marquez

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:40 AM

hey man i already check that but on the video does not look that complicate as it explains in the threat.... :thumbsup:

if i do it like it shows on video is it ok i guess ?

thanks

The "How to" thread is a complete guide for someone that needs a step by step walk though.

There are short cuts, and there are short cuts that can cause you to destroy the motor.

It is a simple install, that folks often don't understand.
What I have found is no matter how I do a Tech write up, someone will comment I left out steps, someone will comment i added to much detail and confused people, a few will say "things like this should only be done by professionals" and MOST will understand it's just a guide, a way to do the job. Use the write up as a guide and successfully get the job done.

The quick way.

• "back off the motor"
  • Use a long extension, and a wobble drive hex end socket.
  • Reach in from back near the exhaust and undo the two ACCT bolts, put the new MCCT in place after having backed off the adjuster and o ring. Tighten the retaining screws back down.
  • Run the MCCT adjuster in finger tight, start the motor, back out the adjuster till you hear it rattle, tighten just till the rattle stops. Lock down the adjuster lock nut

Your Done..GO ride.

• MIRAGE

Posted June 20, 2010 - 10:27 AM

Thanks a lot and i do appreciated a lot of what you said. i just found it more convince of the easy way that you describe and as the video shows is the same.... Thanks a lot buddy

I will update when i get the MCCT and install it on

Regards

The "How to" thread is a complete guide for someone that needs a step by step walk though.

There are short cuts, and there are short cuts that can cause you to destroy the motor.

It is a simple install, that folks often don't understand.
What I have found is no matter how I do a Tech write up, someone will comment I left out steps, someone will comment i added to much detail and confused people, a few will say "things like this should only be done by professionals" and MOST will understand it's just a guide, a way to do the job. Use the write up as a guide and successfully get the job done.

The quick way.

• "back off the motor"
  • Use a long extension, and a wobble drive hex end socket.
  • Reach in from back near the exhaust and undo the two ACCT bolts, put the new MCCT in place after having backed off the adjuster and o ring. Tighten the retaining screws back down.
  • Run the MCCT adjuster in finger tight, start the motor, back out the adjuster till you hear it rattle, tighten just till the rattle stops. Lock down the adjuster lock nut

Your Done..GO ride.

• MIRAGE

Posted June 20, 2010 - 09:58 PM

good morning guys.. i just wanted to let you know that i just pick up the MCCT today from the post and i will be installing it this afternoon due to the fact that iam working...

this is the MCCT that i bought... if anyone interested to get one

Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item19bcf01f91

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Nevada

MY BIKE WAS STOLEN LAST NIGHT…. 9/1-2/2014 Las Vegas. by ARMRD X

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Southwest
  • 8 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new 2014 DRZ 400SM by jprince911

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  65 replies
Forums
Photo

$2000 for a decent DR-Z 400s...need a reality check!? by sbscale0309

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  30 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Suzuki DR-Z400SM 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.