2001 yz426 valve cover

3 replies to this topic
  • 09speeddemon

Posted June 19, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Ok guys i have a 2001 yz426 Today i took it for the very first ride since i bought the bike. Well today i noticed there was oil leaking out of the valve cover vent tube why is this??? The bike is not running hot and the bike runs very strong.

• grayracer513

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:46 AM

The big 12mm tube that runs down the frame? That would be somewhat normal if you mean that there's a drip or two coming from that, especially when you run it hard. It's the crankcase breather. Things that could result in an excess of oil expelled would be a fairly gross oil overfill or weak rings.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ryan426

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:19 AM

When I first got my 426 I took it out to ck the oil while it was cold and thought it needed it some. Added a full qt. before it read on the stick. Found out that I read it wrong. Warm it up first then check oil after you shut it down:bonk:

• 09speeddemon

Posted June 20, 2010 - 07:41 AM

I noticed it was leaking quit a bit ( it looks like a lot to me) every time we would stop riding and take a break for 5 mins i would see about 3-6 drops and a little oil on the frame.

Thanx for the help

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.