09 yz450 Chain adjust

1 reply to this topic
  • blakers213

Posted June 19, 2010 - 04:07 PM

I'm know the axle blocks are different sizes. My new 09 450 only has 2 hours on it so the chain does not need adjusting yet. The owners manual is not much help ( I liked my hondas owner manual waay better). I looked for a reference point on the swingarm pivot bolt and just measure but I can only do this from the left side as the right side is recessed. So what are you guys doing for keeping the axle straight. Also from the factory I measured my chain slack from the point that it says to and I only have about 1 3/4 inch slack . It is supposed to have 2-2.4 inches and today when I was hitting a little bump there was a pop sound coming from the rear. Could this be from the chain to tight?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 19, 2010 - 04:46 PM

Could be, yes, and it's a real good way to break a hub.

Check the alignment once, make a note of any discrepancies and compensate for them on future adjustments. Here's an excellent method of verifying the alignment:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=548940

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.