need to make 3 wr's street legal.. looking for

4 replies to this topic
  • xrberg

Posted June 19, 2010 - 06:57 AM

ideas on how to do this on a budget.

cant afford a Baja kit for 3 so we are thinking of making our own kit.

what we need"...and suggested vendors would be nice.

12 led signals rubber mount , preferably orange lenses
Key / kill switch.
3 horns
bake light actuators
we will make our own wiring harness

any suggestions appreciated...

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 19, 2010 - 10:02 AM

When I did my '03 WR i did the same thing. Proved to be very reliable. Not sure what the requirements are in Utah but if you can go with the headlight stock (i.e. - runs off the ac circuit only when the engine is running) it's pretty simple. If you have to you can mod the stator to provide full dc to the entire bike including the headlight. Once mod'd though there is one thing you should be aware of. If you lose the dc power for whatever reason the bike will not run. The WR is unique in that regard. Other than that any of the standard vendors (Baja Designs, ebay, etc) will have the parts you need. PM me with an email address if you need a schematic.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mikenash

Posted June 20, 2010 - 05:27 AM

Rocky MTN cycles has street legal kits for $159 for the wr. you really can't beat that price. I'm not a big fan of there tusk products but this kit is well thought out with quality parts.

• danfromnb

Posted June 20, 2010 - 06:46 AM

Rocky MTN cycles has street legal kits for $159 for the wr. you really can't beat that price. I'm not a big fan of there tusk products but this kit is well thought out with quality parts.

And you can't beat their fast shipping. I'm on the eastern coast of Canada, ordered parts from them Thursday night and received them Monday morning :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• NMNORGE

Posted June 21, 2010 - 03:28 PM

Pro Cycle out of Oregon has many individual DS components.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.