Yellow plastic for 02 426?

5 replies to this topic
  • pkthomas

Posted June 18, 2010 - 08:24 PM

Anyone know were i can get yellow plastic for my 426? I've searched everywhere and no luck. It has yellow plastic with old school hurrican graphics now and i wnt to freshin it back up. I was told it could possably have 06 450 plastic on it, but i'm not sure. I love the look it has and don't want to change it so any help would be gratly appreciated. Thanks !!!!

• Old_604

Posted December 04, 2010 - 05:03 PM

pkthomas....what did you ever find out?

• pkthomas

Posted December 04, 2010 - 09:19 PM

still searching. no luck yet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Racerboi023

Posted December 04, 2010 - 09:37 PM

I looked on the slyfoxmx site and it looks like 2000-2002 Yz426 and Yz250f are the same parts. I think yellow is 2006 50th Anniversary stuff hope this helps.

• pkthomas

Posted December 05, 2010 - 11:00 AM

i,ll check it out thanksalot

• Birdy426

Posted December 05, 2010 - 11:14 AM

250 and 426 are the same. Unfortunately, as these bikes are getting older, all of the shops that made the yellow stuff have discontinued. You may be able to find someone with old stock sitting on the shelf, but no one makes new any more. UFO still makes white plastic for them, but few people stock it. Black and blue seem to be the only choices readily available.

If you must have yellow, you may want to try to collect a subframe, airbox and side panels for a 450 from flea bay or craig's list, and either an OEM 450 tank (steel frame only) or aftermarket steel frame 450 tank, and convert to the 450 plastics. It's not that difficult to do (search here for threads documenting the stuff to do and brackets to make), and then pick up yellow 450 plastics and hurricaine or oem graphics...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.