wheelies sit or stand?

22 replies to this topic
  • rkwfxd1

Posted June 24, 2010 - 09:26 PM

I am surprised no one has told him to find a nice long smooth gradual up hill to practice on. Start slow, low, and short. Practice every time you go riding and eventually you will get, if not good, at least OK at them. :)

I practice a bit every time I ride and now after 35+ years I think I am almost up to "OK" as far as wheelies go. I am really glad I have practiced.

A few months ago I was riding by buddy's YZ250R at the track. I have very limited time on 2-strokes and as I was "putting" through the pits the power hit and I was in a wheelie. As the front wheel came up unexpectedly it threw me back which caused me to grab some more throttle and wheelie even further.

I ended up wheeling the length of the pits. Other riders either thought I was a jerk or possibly a show off or possibly somewhat skilled.

I am sure they all wondered how a guy can wheelie the length of the pits yet still be the slowest guy on the track.
:banana:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Col Psoas

Posted June 28, 2010 - 03:37 PM

I am surprised no one has told him to find a nice long smooth gradual up hill to practice on. Start slow, low, and short. Practice every time you go riding and eventually you will get, if not good, at least OK at them. :)

I practice a bit every time I ride and now after 35+ years I think I am almost up to "OK" as far as wheelies go. I am really glad I have practiced.

A few months ago I was riding by buddy's YZ250R at the track. I have very limited time on 2-strokes and as I was "putting" through the pits the power hit and I was in a wheelie. As the front wheel came up unexpectedly it threw me back which caused me to grab some more throttle and wheelie even further.

I ended up wheeling the length of the pits. Other riders either thought I was a jerk or possibly a show off or possibly somewhat skilled.

I am sure they all wondered how a guy can wheelie the length of the pits yet still be the slowest guy on the track.
:banana:

hahahahaha thats seriously choice reading. Loved it:thumbsup::lol::lol:

• redhurricane

Posted June 29, 2010 - 10:07 AM

second gear is a good place to start. faster speed makes things a little easier, the front wheel works like a gyro- faster it's spinning the slower the reactions will be with the rest of the bike.

Standup wheelies on the freeway are fun. However, no law enforecement personnel that I have EVER had the pleasure of talking to were impressed. I am no longer allowed to own a sportbike due to lack of wrist control.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.