yz 426

2 replies to this topic
  • wolfeman12

Posted June 17, 2010 - 06:49 PM

my 426 is running hot,steam an anifreeze is coming out the overflow tube and i can hear it boiling inside the radiator does anyone have any ideas what it could be,I have checked the water pump and it is working fine.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 09speeddemon

Posted June 17, 2010 - 07:00 PM

Did it just start running hot???? Are you sitting and idling for a long time?? I am a new owner of a 01 426 and i have been reading they run a little hot.

• grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2010 - 07:35 PM

When the whole system is healthy, they generally won't tolerate standing at idle for more than 90 seconds once warmed up. Boiling at that point would be considered somewhat typical. If it boils more easily than that, or tends to boil while riding, it could be weak coolant (too much water, or just plain too old), a weak cap, scale, or mineral deposits in the radiators, or it could be a leaking head gasket.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.