Difference Between 06 and 08 Forks?

3 replies to this topic
  • i_wheelie_longer

Posted June 17, 2010 - 06:38 PM

Hi, I recently sold my 06 YZ450F and picked up a leftover 08 YZ450F. Before I sold my 06, I took off the holeshot device and figured I could use it on my 08, but it doesnt seem to fit on my 08 for some reason. The holeshot device on the 06 took the place of the stock fork guard wear ring, but when I try to do the same on the 08 it doesnt fit. Are the wear rings different? I thought the forks were identical from 06-09, but obviously not. Anyone else have similar experiences? Is there any way I could make the holeshot device from my 06 work on my 08, rather than spend like 70 bucks for a new one for the 08

Edited by i_wheelie_longer, June 17, 2010 - 06:57 PM.

• HONDA NO MORE

Posted June 17, 2010 - 09:57 PM

I know that the upper fork tube changed in 08 and that the wear ring is different as well, other than that I can't comment on how to make the holeshot device work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mdkcrf250r

Posted June 17, 2010 - 11:02 PM

Nope i think in 08 the wear ring was changed to a black wear ring that is shorter in height and was changed from white to black. I just finished rebuilding my 08 forks and the pivot works fork rebuild kit came with the white ones which of course didnt fit...I could be wrong but I dont think your holeshot device is gonna work on the 08...

• DDavies714

Posted June 18, 2010 - 12:13 PM

The fork tubes and lugs are different between 07 and 08. 08 axle moved back a little in the lug to change the offset.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.