How to adjust throttle valve screws on FCR 39 slant

2 replies to this topic
  • Dudemeister

Posted June 17, 2010 - 05:42 AM

So, I first tighten no. 1 and 2 - no problems.
Then I tighten no. 3 - and the throttle valve won't go up and down smoothly anymore (or not at all) :thumbsup:

How should I adjust the screws?

Also, I believe no. 3 should be more to the right (at the center), but I cannot get the rotating arm (in which screws 1 and 2 are screwed in to) further into the carb body...?

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted June 17, 2010 - 06:42 AM

The reason it binds up with all the screws tight is because there is something wrong with the link arm that runs between the shaft and the slide. It is likely bent or distorted so that when tightened, it binds on the slide.

As to why the shaft won't center up, I not certain that's critical, but if you can't move it by loosening screw 3, then you may have to completely disassemble the linkage to find the cause.

• Dudemeister

Posted June 21, 2010 - 12:56 AM

I believe you are right - thanks!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.