in line cooler

9 replies to this topic
  • clayboy

Posted June 16, 2010 - 03:36 PM

anybody ever use inline coolers on there motorcycles and if so do they work?

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 16, 2010 - 03:43 PM

Had one on a CRF250R. Did it work? Not until I hit mach 2.6. :thumbsup: Honestly, no idea. The bike didn't boil any more or less.

• William1

Posted June 16, 2010 - 05:18 PM

Cooling is all about surface area. Your bike holds about a quart of coolant. Look at how big your radiators are, the cylinder, and barrel. A lot of surface area that that little amount of coolant is exposed to. Look at the device you are looking at. Think.

• Mutu

Posted June 16, 2010 - 09:10 PM

I think he's talking about oil.....

• Bryan Bosch

Posted June 16, 2010 - 09:21 PM

There are inline coolers for your radiator hoses as well.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutu

Posted June 17, 2010 - 02:46 AM

That just sounds as good as the electric intake supercharger!
Possibly more effective though.....

• William1

Posted June 17, 2010 - 04:02 AM

Oil/Water, same thing. With a dry sump, you have a fairly large 'can' exposing the quart of oil. A real oil cooler (not just a little pipe with some external fins) would add some benefit by increasing the oil capacity as well as increasing the radiating surface area. But you'd need a thermostat. Next you need to consider all the extra weight.
In reality, the stock water cooling is all you need. If you do very slow tight trail riding, then consider adding a cooling fan to the radiator to keep the airflow moving avross the fins.

• ronbuell

Posted June 23, 2010 - 07:03 PM

Yes, I've used them on street bikes for years, and they definately work miracles keeping the oil temp in check, which in turn increases engine life. I haven't seen anything offered for a 250f, but if you see a brand, tell us about it.

• Mutu

Posted June 23, 2010 - 11:01 PM

Yes, I've used them on street bikes for years, and they definately work miracles keeping the oil temp in check, which in turn increases engine life. I haven't seen anything offered for a 250f, but if you see a brand, tell us about it.

I thought he was talking about oil cooler too...
Apparently its for radiator hose! :)

• hawaiidirtrider

Posted October 28, 2010 - 04:29 AM

I thought he was talking about oil cooler too...
Apparently its for radiator hose! :excuseme:

Like this :

http://www.cheapcycl...ne-cooler-3-blu

I don't know if it works but it's a bit of bling and maybe desperation if you've tried everything and it still overheats when you are riding real slow stuff with no wind to help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.