Guts Racing Seats

8 replies to this topic
  • comtnrider

Posted June 15, 2010 - 09:31 PM

Well, I've been holding off getting the tall Guts seat for my 07 WR450 for a while now, however after todays ride I now have a torn seat and can justify the new cover. I'm going with the tall as I'm 6'3" and feel a little cramped on the stock seat anyway. Just looking for feedback on the seat foam. I like the firm foam in the stock seat and was wondering if the Guts "firm/hard" was similar. Any info would be appreciated.

• Looks450

Posted June 16, 2010 - 01:02 AM

I have a firm, guts high on 07 WR,

Love it.

It is a bit firmer than stock, buts softens after about 3 rides.

• MrTVDNR

Posted June 16, 2010 - 05:36 AM

I'm about to get the soft standard for my 09 wr450...the line of the seat within the tank and fender is my justification...I'll let you know after i send it out and back for review.

Hey Looks450...how does the high seat look on your wr?

• tribalbc

Posted June 16, 2010 - 07:50 AM

I'm also 6'3" and I have the medium tall. I would say it's a little softer than stock but still firm enough. Just about right IMO. I went with the factory team cover.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gsa102

Posted June 16, 2010 - 08:35 AM

I got the tall, soft foam. They told me the medium would be the same as stock, so I opted for the soft. It is too soft for racing, makes it hard to slide forward because you sink in too much. It is good for cruising around the yard with the kids, and maybe road use.

• comtnrider

Posted June 19, 2010 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for the replies, cover and hard foam on order. :thumbsup:

• bigdrtrdr

Posted June 19, 2010 - 11:10 AM

Thanks for the replies, cover and hard foam on order. :thumbsup:

You made the right choice. The soft foam will have your butt on the deat pan in minutes. The firm is awesome and doesn't break down.
Eric

• kingjewells

Posted June 23, 2010 - 09:27 PM

I'm 6'2" and have the tall seat. Because I ride so far back on the bike I ended up glueing a wedge of foam from an old seat 8" long and from a point to 2" high under the back of the seat. Life is good and my butt is comfy racing or trail riding.

• comtnrider

Posted June 27, 2010 - 03:03 PM

Got the seat cover as a Father's Day Gift; received it in three days; installed, and it looks great! Seat foam and cover fit perfectly... Great product; great service!! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by comtnrider, June 27, 2010 - 03:54 PM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.