Anyone know the free length of YZ/WR426F rear spring?

2 replies to this topic
  • Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 07, 2003 - 07:17 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows the free length (un-installed) of a WR/YZ rear shock spring? I have been given a spring, supposedly a 5.4 off a 400/426, but don't want to pull anything apart until I am certain it is the right length. It is a couple of year old brand new take-off, and the exact model it came off is lost in the sands of time. I am praying it is a standard YZ426 5.4, but need the free length to be sure, thanks in advance, Chris.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • whywudyer

Posted June 07, 2003 - 11:12 PM

According to my wr 426 (02) manual, free length is 260 mm for all springs, except for the 2 stiff springs, the 5.4 and the 5.6. These should be 265 mm. The std spring BTW is the 5.0. I would suggest the YZ one would be different in rate at least.

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted June 08, 2003 - 03:08 AM

Thanks for your help. :) Just needed confirmation of length (265mm) before I pulled the stock spring off. Chris.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.