proud new of owner of a 01 wr426

5 replies to this topic
  • rhysieboyy

Posted June 15, 2010 - 12:21 AM

hey guys just bought a o1 wr426 and going to pick it up tomorrow afternoon.i have just a few quick questions for you.
1.whats the best gearing to run for top speed but not to sacrifice to much accelration?id like to do 100mph(160km/h)is that safely possible?my mate reckons his crf450 will top out at 120mph or so.
2.the bike has the stock de comp lever on it and i dont like the positions its in has anyone on here moved to a better look spot?
3.how often should i check the valve clearances?it has done about 2-3thousand(off the top of my head cos im australian haha)
if anyone can answer the questions for that would be most appreciated.
kind regards
rhys

• YamaLink

Posted June 15, 2010 - 03:36 PM

A CRF450 will not even come close to 120mph with stock gearing. I presume he has a 14/42 or something close?

• crazylikeafox

Posted June 15, 2010 - 03:41 PM

yeah 120mph w/stock gearing..........thats waaaaaaaaaaaay out there

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rhysieboyy

Posted June 16, 2010 - 01:43 AM

i never said the gearing was stock.it has been changed but to what i dont know and can anyone answer my questions seriously??

• wrrider15

Posted June 16, 2010 - 05:20 PM

why would you want to go 160kmph on a enduro bike? unless it was to do a desert race,even then there is better bikes out there for doing that anyway.

• ArcticWR400

Posted June 17, 2010 - 04:12 PM

Why not ask your friend what he runs, and start there... that will get you pretty close I would think... I still run stock on my 400 and that's more than fast enough for me... i don't even use 5th gear unless im on the road.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.